Update: 9/7/2012 9:00 PM
Update Soon with support for They Bleed Pixels
On top of all that great news below,
I’ve added a new game to the loader: They Bleed Pixels.
As with Terraria, you need the original game to play it and my update (once I release it).
Buy it from Steam and then stay tuned for the release.
I’ve got a revamped sync manager, no more batch files, the memory reduction ready, controls fixed… amoung other things. Now when you install there are two buttons to click, everything happens automatically and you are faced with a minor bit of crucial info. Installation still requires a pc for now.
Did I mention its ready for release?
Good news right! I am thinking based on how this goes that I’ll stick it in the market soon as well.
Also, check out my composition. I’m no musician, and this is my third piece ever.
Feedback is always appreciated!
In the past month I’ve been working seriously on getting this other ball rolling and well, so far, I’m doing the entire production myself. I’ve learned alot so far and progress is steady. But a couple of days ago I took a break to focus on Branches.
Branches conversion and installation process video tutorial can be found below. Thanks a bunch to DroidNerds for posting it.
Sorry to all of you following this post for the delayed update. I’ve been so busy I’ve not had the time to even glance at this in a couple of weeks. I’ll have some awesome news at some point in the future, and will try my absolute hardest to focus on getting the updates to this regular.
Finally got the new tile engine stable. This is great news because in my testing I’ve successfully played a large world with memory usage not exceeding 112 MB except for a small spike of 240 MB during the actual load.
I’ve also finished my fixes for the missing button, more intuative error messages, etc. Look forward to this update sometime tonight.
Release notes (7/3/2012):
- Fixed character creation (somewhat) – can get to the screen now but image is off center and keyboard is required
- IMPORTANT: Select settings, and then Lazy Load Textures to see this benefit: Memory usage reduced to about 253 MB on a small world. It might even work on the Xperia now.
Also fixed my convert/copy script. Apparently it was set to copy to the root of a device connected via adb. Sorry.
NOTE: If you have this working now, uninstall before installing. The patch that is applied must be deleted for you to get this update. Then grab the loader.patch and stick it in /sdcard/branches on your device.
Thanks for those of you who provided assistance and a simple reminder please don’t link to copyrighted content here. If anything use something created by a third party. I still don’t see one thing wrong with this app with regard to copyright though…
Remember, I was going to finish up my sync tool and this would all be automatic. Though comments got a bit too deep on my nerves so I rushed it.
Free! Source might appear soon. It’s not obfuscated regardless. Please donate if it works and you feel like supporting the work.
Here’s to the lovely comments. Good luck.
This will only run on devices with > 512 MB of RAM (at least ~350 MB free after booting)
I may or may not provide answers to questions. You can thank AceSmythe and others for that.
Install Perl for Windows (Strawberry)
Install Python for Windows (Python)
Install your android device’s driver and adb (Sdk)
Extract the contents of Prepare.zip
Copy “Content” directory and main executable into the folder you extracted in step one
Copy Players and Worlds from “My Saves” (your save game location) to the folder you extracted in step one
Double click or execute ConvertCopy.cmd
Run the app, make sure you select xnb for the image format. Also no need for the desktop app at this point or dropbox unless you want your saves and content to sync.